1. We generally do not collect your personal data unless
(a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorized by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorized representative”) after
(i) you (or your authorized representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and
(ii) you (or your authorized representative) have provided your consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or
(b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted for the implied purpose in your dealings with us or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except if permitted or authorized by law).
2. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested
(b) verifying your identity;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) processing payment or credit transactions;
(f) sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions and other promotions;
(g) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(h) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(i) transmitting or share to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers, related entities and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the fulfilment of the aforementioned purposes; and
(j) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
3. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of
the goods or services requested by you;
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organizations whether in Singapore or in another jurisdiction we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause
5 above for us; or 3
(c) where required by law or pursuant to an order of court.
4. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you) or where you have agreed to us sending you marketing information about our goods and services, in which event we would retain your personal data for a longer period of time.
5. The Do Not Call (DNC) Registry prohibits the sending of unsolicited telemarketing messages (“specified messages”) to Singapore telephone numbers through voice calls, text or fax messages registered on the DNC Registers unless the organisation sending the messages have the individual’s clear and unambiguous consent in written or other accessible forms. In compliance with the DNC Registry provisions, Maximator Far East Pte Ltd will not send specified messages to telephone or facsimile numbers that appear on the DNC Registry unless you have given us clear and unambiguous consent to do so. If you have given us such consent, we may continue to send you specified messages until you advise us in writing that you wish to withdraw the consent.
6. Maximator Far East Pte Ltd will continue to contact you at the telephone or facsimile number/s you have provided us in the limited circumstances allowed under the DNC Registry even if these telephone or facsimile number/s are registered with the DNC. You may, however, advise us in writing if you do not wish to be contacted by us at your telephone or facsimile number(s) for any given purpose.
7. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
8. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
9. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 10 above.
10. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
11. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
12. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
13. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
14. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorized third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
15. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
16. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
18. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
38 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 #01-01/02, Singapore 569511
Email Address: email@example.com
Office #: 6745 9266
19. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us. Where there is any conflict between your contract with us and this Notice herein, the terms of your contract with us shall prevail.
20. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.